It’s August. It’s Women’s Month. But it’s also time for girl friends! Not the romantic type, but instead, your bestie – your best girl friend. We kickstart the month by celebrating those we have a bond of mutual affection.
We encourage you to express your gratitude on Monday, 1 August 2022, on Girl Friend Day by taking your girl friend/s to either the park for lunch, for some theatre fun, for breakfast at one of Sandton’s most famous restaurants, or to enjoy the luxuries only Sandton’s hotels can offer.
To all the guys, you’re not forgotten this Women’s Month. You too, can enjoy some quality time with the boys and girls on Friendship Day, Sunday, 7 August 2022.
4 Ways to spend time with your girl friends in Sandton Central
If it’s not possible to spend these days with your friends, plan an outing for another day. We’ll provide you with some ideas here:
- Get a mani and pedi together at one of Sandton City’s health and beauty shops, such as Tammy Taylor Nails.
- Enjoy a glass of wine or a few classic selected cocktails from News Café during their rush hour for only R49. Cocktails include the Classic Margarita, Long Island Iced Tea, Faithful B*tch, Cosmopolitan, Mojito, and Strawberry Daquiri.
- Get your hair done (or try a fresh, new style) or eliminate the body hair you don’t want with permanent laser and IPL hair removal by Depilstop in Benmore Centre.
- Indulge in the fantastic street food at Strada Nelson Mandela Square. Their menu caters for everyone, from American to Asian, to European & Middle Eastern. Have fun while waiting to be served by discussing the latest romance novel, the hottest Netflix series or shooting a fun video for social.
Remember, it’s not about the best things you can do but spending quality time with each other. Take them for coffee, have a chat over ice cream, or just walk with them through Sandton’s malls. Be a good listener and encourage them to chat about whatever is going on in their lives.
5 Upcoming events in Sandton to celebrate your friendship
- Friday Feels at Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel – Where else would you rather be on a Friday afternoon? This Sandton pool deck boasts one of the best rooftop views in the city. Resident music stylist DJ Chase will be joined by new guest DJs every week. Click here to make reservations.
- High Tea at Zioux – This glamorous champagne bar and cocktail lounge in the heart of Sandton serves high tea every Saturday between 11:00 and 16:00. The menu, which is an extravagant selection of eight savoury and six sweet ‘small bites’, costs R750 per person and is paired with a glass of Pierre-Jouët Champagne. Booking is essential.
- High Tea in the City – DaVinci Lounge – Make it a date with the girls. We’re here to host you every Saturday from 14:00 until 17:00 for only R355 per person, with a welcome drink and some soothing live entertainment! Tuck into all your favourites with a delicious cup of Ronnefeldt Tea. Reserve your table.
- High Tea Brunch at Alto234, The Leonardo – Few things are more satisfyingly decadent than a weekend High Tea Brunch spent leisurely with loved ones. Add Moët & Chandon mimosa’s, 360° views of Johannesburg’s skyline at Africa’s Highest Urban Bar, and you’ve got an experience fit for the king and queen you are. Every Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 – 12:30 for R300pp. A la carte brunch is made to order and charged separately. Book at Alto234.
- Storm in a B-Cup at Theatre on the Square – From 6 August, you can enjoy an intimate evening with multi-award-winning musical theatre star, Kate Normington, accompanied on the piano by musical director, Rowan Bakker. Book now.
Now go have fun and be safe!