The prevention of crime is a major priority for all levels of Government and also receives the full support of the business and private sector.
Funded by commercial property owners in Sandton, the Sandton Central Management District was founded to ensure the creation of an exceptional experience in this key node of Johannesburg.
Sandton Central employs a team of 56 public safety ambassadors, 5 vehicles and 25 cleaning staff, 24-hours a day, seven days a week, who focus solely on crime prevention, cleaning, maintenance and landscaping.
The 'Men in Red' as they are affectionately called, remain the front line of the improvement district, setting the example and sending the message that Sandton Central is a managed public space.
Sandton Central’s Public Safety Ambassadors (PSA's) are employed to make visitors feel safe and at ease. They can be called on at any time to escort visitors, clients or guests within the Sandton Central area.
Sandton Central’s Men in Red:
- Give consistent supportive, friendly, professional and efficient service.
- Keep a sharp eye on public services in the area. The public safety ambassadors report and monitor any issues. This means quick response times to issues like potholes, burst water pipes and traffic signals that aren’t working.
- Provide visible policing and surveillance in the public space. The Men in Red identify, monitor and report to the authorities all crime related issues.
- Offer knowledgeable assistance about facilities, places and services in Sandton Central.
- Act as proud ambassadors for Sandton Central.