Rea Vaya BRT Phase1C - Weekly Traffic Accommodation Report for Section 15i
26 January 2018
Rea Vaya Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System – New Grayston Drive Pedestrian Bridge over M1 Highway: Katherine Street to Andries Street (Section 15 I)
Reporting Dates: 26th January 2018 to 1st February 2018
Scope of Works: The construction of the new Grayston Drive Pedestrian and Cycling Bridge over M1 Highway and construction of cycling lane and sidewalk from Katherine Street in Sandton to as far as Andries Street in Wynberg along Grayston Drive.
Project and Extent of Works: The extent of the construction work encompassed in this report is for the construction of the new Rea Vaya Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Pedestrian and Cycling
Bridge across the M1 Highway.
Section 15 I: Project extends along Grayston Drive with cycling lane and pedestrian lane. This includes the Cable Stayed Pedestrians and Cycle Bridge span linking Sandton to Wynberg across the M1 Highway.
Construction Elements in Progress for a Week: Murray and Roberts, the main Contractor is presently busy with:
- Finishes to the Cantilever Walkway Panels and Traffic Barrier walls along the Northern side of Grayston Drive;
- Painting of the Cantilever Walkway Panels along the Northern side of Grayston Drive;
- Remedial works to Stainless steel handrails on the Circular Ramp next to the M1 Highway Northbound on-ramp;
- Installation of Stainless Steel Handrails on Span 6 by means of the Kerb Traveler directly over the M1 Highway Northbound and Southbound Carriageways;
- Spreading of Topsoil and application of Grouted Stone Pitching to the West Approach Ramp embankment and sidewalk along the Northern side of Grayston Drive;
- Installation of Rope Access Eye Bolts to the Pylon above Deck next to the M1 Highway Northbound On-ramp;
- Installation of block paving to the Cantilever Sidewalk tie-in section and the corner of Grayston Drive and Katherine street;
- Fixing of Rebar and pouring of Concrete to the Pier 4 and Pier 6 Recesses next to the M1 Highway Northbound on-ramp and the Grayston Drive Southbound off-ramp respectively.
Planned Traffic Accommodation for a Week: Murray and Roberts, the main Contractor, is presently busy with
- Friday the 26th of January 2018 to Thursday the 1st of February 2018:
- Manage traffic incidents within the works area;
- Directing of pedestrians to the widened sidewalk on the Southern side of Grayston Drive;
- Daily left lane closure for material deliveries and concrete pours on the Cantilever Sidewalk along the Northern side of Grayston Drive between 09:00am and 15:30pm.
- Rolling single lane closures on the M1 Highway between 09H00 and 15H00 for the loading of materials.
< Back to Articles