What to do in the case of an emergency
- Try to remain calm. Beath deeply.
- Dial the relevant emergency number
- Inform the operator of your emergency: Vehicle accident, fire, robbery, severe injury, illness etc.
- Provide the operator with your name and telephone contact details
- Provide the operator with your physical address and the nearest identifiable corner or landmark
- Clarify the nature of the incident
- Indicate to the operator the number of people involved in the incident
- Stay on the line as long as possible to answer the operator’s questions
Important emergency numbers for the Sandton Community
Sandton has a vast emergency infrastructure to assist the community in the case of fire, theft, illness and injury. The following numbers are of importance.