How to partner with Rays of Hope this Mandela Month
07 July 2020
This July, South Africa and the rest of the world celebrate the birthday of former President Nelson Mandela. We not only celebrate his life but also the legacy he has left behind by doing our bit to change the world for the better.
Even though South Africa is at Level 3 now, the needs of the Alex community are still significant, which is why Rays of Hope introduced #Hope4Alex Phase Two. This is an expansion of the impact that has been made and extends beyond providing food parcels.
In support of the Mandela Month Goals, which promote access to education and literacy, provision of food and nutrition, access to shelter and sanitation as well as active citizenship, Rays of Hope has identified five key community needs that will assist the people of Alexandra in the next few months. These include:
Providing food, hygiene products and masks
- Supporting children by providing books, school support, toys, sanitary products
- Mental/spiritual health support and counselling (GBV, domestic violence, grief, anxiety)
- #WarmUpAlex – winter blankets, clothing, scarves and beanies
- COVID-19 screening and referrals
All these services will be made possible through partnerships with a network of organisations across Alexandra.
Rays of Hope needs additional donations from individuals and businesses to continue to make a positive change in the community of Alexandra.
This Mandela Month, you can be part of the change and support Rays of Hope by:
- Sponsoring R750 hampers, which feed a family of six people for three to four weeks. Click here to see the contents of the hamper.
- Donating office furniture, carpets, plants, etc., so that Rays of Hope can equip its offices to best serve the community. Click here see a list of what is needed.
- Donating blankets and winter clothing, scarves, beanies, etc., to keep people warm and reduce the fires that ravage Alex during the cold months
- Assisting with connectivity and data for students to be able to continue with their studies and small business owners to complete online training
- Assisting with airtime for our counselling services that are available for the community
- All donations received from a company will be eligible for BBBEE points and a Section 18A certificate can be issued for cash donations. `
Donations can be made into the Rays of Hope account:
Rays of Hope
Nedbank, Hyde Park
1972 126 903
Branch Code: 197205
Swift Code: NEDS ZA JJ
International donations can be made into the Rays of Hope GlobalGiving campaign: Support a Child – Restore a Family
Mandela Month is recognised as a global movement for positive change that begins with small actions. These actions stem from every person who chooses to make a change, raise awareness and expand the reach of the values Mandela lived by.
#MandelaMonth #MandelaDay #CoronaPeak #Hope4Alex #MandelaGoals #Giving #SandtonCentral
< Back to Articles